Planning a controlled burn? Please let us know!

First Step: Call 1-866-404-4911 to notify provincial health and safety services

You will be asked to provide:

  • Your Rural Municipality number- RM 257 (Monet)
  • Your land location (where you are burning)
  • Location details, such as direction and distance from town
  • Your Fire Service Provider- Monet- Elrose Fire Department
  • What you plan to burn
  • When and how long you plan to burn for
  • Your name and contact information

Second Step: Call 306-378-2597 to notify the local Fire Chief. Thanks for keeping everyone informed!

Please remember to check the weather and make sure you have proper fire guards in place prior to
burning. Visit Government of Saskatchewan Controlled Burns and Grass Fires for more
information or read this brochure here.