Development Permits

The R.M. of Monet processes all of their development permits. Development permits are reviewed by council at regular council meetings. Development permit applications can be found here.

Applications along with the $450 application fee can be mailed to the R.M. office. Application forms can also be emailed to

Crossing Road Allowances

The R.M. of Monet policy for crossing road allowances with pipelines or flowlines can be found here.

The policy for crossing road allowances with powerlines can be found here. 

Road Use

All drivers are responsible for knowing their vehicle weight classifications and adhering to all highways and gravel road weight restrictions, and R.M. or provincial road bans.  See our Roads & Infrastructure page for details.

Road Restriction Policy

Travel of 10 tonne and over on RM roads is restricted to -6 degrees C or colder, or dry road.
Any damage done to the roads can be charged to those responsible.


Primary weight permits are not required in the R.M. of Monet. The R.M. of Monet does not issue permits.

Rig Moves – All service and drilling rig movements within the R.M. of Monet require prior approval from the R.M. of Monet Foreman and are subject to road use and maintenance conditions. Please call Ron during regular business hours at 306-378-7151 for more information or for approval.

Road Use Agreements

Persons or businesses responsible for frequent oil hauling on any of our gravel roads must enter into an annual “Road Use Agreement” with the R.M. of Monet.  Please contact the office for more information.